What is our Vision?
RMISPP was formed with not only the aim of establishing a high quality Montessori school, but also disseminating information about the Montessori philosophy and educational approach in Cambodia.
RMISPP is licensed and managed by Raffles Montessori, Singapore which follows the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori (1870 – 1952). Its aim is to assist in the total development of the child’s social, emotional, intellectual, physical, cultural, and spiritual self. This will allow the child to be better prepared for life, and able to adjust to the changing conditions of the surrounding environment. The Montessori approach to education is child-centered and is based on mutual respect and co-operation.
Montessori education offers children the opportunity to realise their potential and seeks to promote:
- Self-confidence and self esteem
- A sense of achievement and self worth
- A sense of responsibility for themselves and their actions
- A sense of security
- Co-operation with others and a sense of community
- Respect for the rights and needs of others
- Concentration and persistence in completing a task
- Initiative and self motivation
- Good work habits
- A joy of work and love of learning
- Creative intelligence and imagination
- Ability to discriminate and judge